We stock a variety of packing foam grades suitable for packaging and protecting your important items. Thanks to our range of advanced foam cutting machinery and talented team, we can provide you with bespoke packing foam for any application.
Whether it’s one item in need of extra protection or an entire line of items, we’re here to help you choose the perfect foam packaging. Take a look at the packing foam we offer.
If you need any assistance, our packaging foam specialists are ready to help. Give us a call on 01494 441177 or visit our contact page.
Packaging Foam Sheet – GB HLB (HL22 06 – RP21/250)
A lightweight, high-impact foam grade perfect for protecting your items. This packaging foam can be used to line flight cases, cardboard boxes, briefcases and much more. Not suitable for upholstery as it is not flame retardant.
Plastazote LD33 – White Closed Cell Foam
Plastazote LD33 – Black Closed Cell Foam
Foam Direct – Your Packing Foam Supplier
Foam Direct has been creating packing foam for more than 40 years. We understand what makes great quality foam packaging. All the foam grades we offer are selected for their standard of excellence and are sourced from leading manufacturers.
Every packing foam insert we sell is made here in the United Kingdom. When you buy from Foam Direct, you’re helping to support British manufacturing. We hold product quality in the highest regard and conform to ISO 9001 specifications. What’s more, all our packing foam, unless otherwise stated, exceeds UK Fire Safety regulations.
Anyone can benefit from our packaging foam services. If you’ve got items that need protecting, we’ll work to produce you the best foam packaging solution!
Foam Direct offers a next working day delivery service in the UK. Place your order before 11:00 AM Monday – Thursday to take advantage of this. If you need any assistance or advice regarding our services, please feel free to contact us.
Who we have worked with
Need packing foam cut to size or packaging foam sheets? We can help you! Above are just some of the companies who trust our expertise. We can help you the same way we helped them. Join the thousands of customers who have chosen Foam Direct and you can be utilising your new packing foam solution as quickly as tomorrow.
Different Types of Foam Packaging
We offer various types of foam packaging. If you’re unsure, which type of packing foam is right for you, take a look at the examples below. If you need further advice, our team is ready to assist you. We can advise on the best foam packaging for your intended application and answer other questions related to our services.
Wave Profile Packing Foam
Wave profile foam offers a superior solution to traditional egg crate packing foam. Unlike egg crate foam, wave profile foam can easily be customised to suit your preferences. This is because of the way in which wave profile foam is created. Egg crate foam is essentially formed using a large metal roller. Wave profile foam on the hand is precision cut using foam cutting machinery.
Anti-Static Foam Packaging
Sometimes referred to as ESD Foam, Anti-Static Foam is used to protect electrical equipment. Static charges which build through transit can damage electrical items. This type of packing foam is pink in colour and helps to protect items from static charges.
Plastazote Packing Foam
Plastazote is a type of closed cell foam manufactured by Zotefoam. This packaging foam is praised for its durability amongst many other traits. It is an effective form of packaging foam which can be easily cut and shaped to preference.
Coloured Packaging Foam
We work with a variety of different foam colours here at Foam Direct. Sometimes you’ll want your packaging to both offer protection and stand out from the crowd. In certain circumstances, we can work with you to develop a line of colourful foam packaging.
Foam Packing Crumb
Did you know that we recycle 98% of the foam offcuts which we produce? Much of this is processed into foam crumb. Our foam crumb is made from entirely new offcuts. We offer a variety of mixes from pure memory foam crumb to a high-density blend. This can be used to fill out packaging boxes to offer extra levels of packaging foam protection.
Foam Packaging Sheets
We also offer foam sheets specifically for packaging purposes. These sheets can be used to line various containers such as briefcases, boxes and much more. Foam packaging sheets are available in rolls measuring 230 cm x 200 cm or 230 cm x 100 cm.
Types of Items Which Benefit From Packaging Foam
If an item is fragile, important, valuable or has sentimental value, chances are it can benefit from foam packaging. Here are just a few examples of types of items which can be packaged using foam.
- Lighting – Lighting is often made from both metal and glass. To prevent the glass from breaking or the metal from denting, protect it using foam. Lighting often contains electrical components, which if damaged can render it faulty. Foam packaging with good shock absorption can protect your lighting from this.
- Ceramics – Ceramics can be valuable or simply have sentimental value. These are almost always fragile items that need protection. Ceramics can easily become cracked or broken if not properly protected with packing foam.
- Art – Art can be big or small. It comes in various forms but almost always needs protection. After all, somebody has dedicated their time and talent in order to create it. Not all art is valuable, but each piece will certainly be important to somebody. Protect your precious artwork with foam packaging.
- Glass – It goes without saying that glass is fragile. Whether it’s a glass ornament or a glass screen on a piece of technology, foam packaging can help to protect it.
- Food – Food can benefit from the protection packaging foam offers. During delivery, many items of food are at risk of getting damaged or broken. This is especially beneficial for catering supply companies.
- Medical Items – Many medical items and tools are fragile or contain small parts. A well-constructed piece of foam packaging can help to protect these and prevent any loss of items.
- Appliances – Appliances large or small can be protected with packaging foam. Large appliances especially can become damaged during transit. The same applies to smaller appliances with fragile electrical components.
- Plastics – Some plastic is more fragile than others. Injection moulded pieces, for example, are at a greater risk of breaking. You can protect plastic items with foam packaging.
- Specialty Pieces – We can cut foam to practically any shape or size. If you have a specialty item in need of protection, we can work with you to provide the best packaging foam solution.
These are just a few examples of items which you can protect with foam packaging. If you would like to discuss the suitability of packing foam for your items, please contact a member of our packaging foam team.